On 07/07/2014 07:18 PM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
I'd expect us to add e.g.

   @asyncio.coroutine
   def call_async(self, ctxt, method, **kwargs):

to RPCClient. Perhaps we'd need to add an AsyncRPCClient in a separate
module and only add the method there - I don't have a good sense of it
yet.

However, the key thing is that I don't anticipate us needing to change
the current API in a backwards incompatible way.

Agreed, and that is a good thing. You would be *adding* to the API to support async behaviour, though right? Perhaps it would be worth being more explicit about the asynchronicity in that case, e.g. return a promise/future or allow an on-completion callback?