On 08/08/2014 01:46 AM, Luke Gorrie wrote:
> On 8 August 2014 02:06, Michael Still <mi...@stillhq.com
> <mailto:mi...@stillhq.com>> wrote:
>
>     1: I think that ultimately should live in infra as part of check, but
>     I'd be ok with it starting as a third party if that delivers us
>     something faster. I'd be happy enough to donate resources to get that
>     going if we decide to go with this plan.
>

> Can we cooperate somehow?
>
> We are already working on bringing up a third party CI covering QEMU 2.1
> and Libvirt 1.2.7. The intention of this CI is to test the software
> configuration that we are recommending for NFV deployments (including
> vhost-user feature which appeared in those releases), and to provide CI
> cover for the code we are offering for Neutron.
>
> Michele Paolino is working on this and the relevant nova/devstack changes.

It sounds like what you're working on is a separate thing.  You're
targeting coverage for a specific set of use cases, while this is a
flavor of the general CI coverage we're already doing, but with the
latest (not pegged) libvirt (and maybe qemu).

By all means, more testing is useful though.

--
Russell Bryant