On 8/17/2014 3:36 PM, Alan Pevec wrote:
The other thing I thought was we could cap the version of
python-keystoneclient in stable/havana, would that be bad? stable/havana is
going to be end of life pretty soon anyway.

No, we had cap on some clients and it was creating situations with
conflicting requirements, last example was swiftclient<2.
Another alternative was to start stable/* from clients but that was
rejected in the past.
Theory is that *clients are backward compatible but I'm not sure if
addition of new dependencies was considered when decision to go with
master-only clients was made.

I think it's fine to add new test-requirements on stable, we should
just somehow get an early warning that client change is going to break
stable branch and update test-req preemptively.

Cheers,
Alan

OK, so here is where we appear to be:

1. We need the oslo.utils changes in python-keystoneclient reverted on master to get the stable/havana backports for global-requirements to pass Jenkins. The revert is here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/python-keystoneclient+branch:master+topic:bug/1357652,n,z

2. The backports for oslo.i18n and oslo.utils to stable/havana are here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/requirements+branch:stable/havana+topic:bug/1357652,n,z

3. Once 1 and 2 are done, we can restore the changes to python-keystoneclient on master.

Matt Riedemann