Over the past couple of release cycles, the TC has put together a fairly comprehensive checklist for projects entering into incubation with a view to being included in the integrated release. However, I'm not aware of anything equivalent for projects that are becoming official (i.e. moving to the openstack/ namespace) but that are not targeting eventual integration - or, indeed, that _are_ targeting eventual integration but have not yet applied for incubation.

The current procedure afaict is to submit a review to the governance repo listing the repository under a particular program. It seems like at a minimum we should be checking for basic due diligence stuff like "Is it Apache licensed?", "Did everyone sign the CLA?" (may it diaf) and "Are there any trademark issues?". And maybe there are other things the TC should be looking at too.

cheers,
Zane.