I doesn't support the idea of removing this endpoint, although it requires some efforts to maintain.

First of all, because of the confusion among users, that it could bring. The href to message is returned in many cases, and was seen as canonical way to deal with it. (As far as I understand, we encourage users to use links we provide and not ids etc). And if you only could send DELETE requests to this url and not GET, that is looking not good.

And the second. We do have ability get a set of messages by id, by using /messages?ids=ids endpoint. By removing ability to get message normal way, we could unintentionally force users to use this hacky approach to get single message. The cost of support both endpoint is not that much higher, than support only one of them.

As for me, changes in v1.1 is more cosmetic one in the part of queues/messages, and it is better to make decision about it in v2, where will have more understanding what is needed and what is not.

It is only my thoughts, I'm not very experienced in Zaqar API yet.