On 09/10/2014 12:47 AM, Devananda van der Veen wrote:
As was pointed out in the TC meeting today, Zaqar is (was?) actually
aiming to provide Messaging-as-a-Service -- not queueing as a service!
This is another way of saying "it's more like email and less like
AMQP"

The glossary[1] describes a model that is much more like messaging-oriented-middleware (AMQP and other things like it) than email.

To me, messaging-as-a-service is perhaps a more general purpose term. The concept of a 'queue' might not be exposed in such a system (e.g. MQTT), whereas the term queueing-as-a-service implies that perhaps it is. I don't see them as necessarily distinct things though. The model exposed by Zaqar certainly has 'queues' featured prominently.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/marconi/glossary.html