What you are finding is the same as I found, which raised my concern.

Thanks for the pointer to legal-disc...@lists.openstack.org, I will post the question there (let the lawyers figure it out).

On 9/10/2014 12:16 PM, Solly Ross wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Stanley" <fu...@yuggoth.org>
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:10:18 PM
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Horizon] Licensing issue with using JSHint in
build

On 2014-09-10 13:00:29 -0400 (-0400), Solly Ross wrote:
JSHint *isn't* Douglas Crockford. It was written by someone who
(understandably) thought Douglas Crockford had some good ideas,
but was overzealous.
[...]

Overzealous enough to copy his code.
?? This sentence doesn't make much sense.  I meant to say that
Douglas Crockford was overzealous (which he is, IMO).

The license is as such:
https://github.com/jshint/jshint/blob/master/LICENSE
Ahem. https://github.com/jshint/jshint/blob/master/src/jshint.js#L19
Fair enough.  I stand corrected.  I didn't catch that.
The general license, however, is as stated.

You are thinking of JSLint, which is written by Douglas Crockford.
JSHint is a derivative project of JSLint. Sorry to burst your
bubble.
To be fair, it's been undergoing *major* revisions lately, making it resemble
JSHint less and less in terms of what it checks for.  Having used it in the
past, functionality wise it's very different.  While it maintains some backwards
compatibility, it has added in new checks, doesn't complain about nearly the
number
of things that JSLint complains about (for good reasons).

--
Jeremy Stanley