I want to clarify this. Jshint is not a requirement. It is not in
requirements.txt or test-requirements.txt nor is it a hard system
requirement.

Jshint is treated as an optional tool that can either be installed via tox
in the jshint testenv which uses npm to pull it down, or by manual
install. This allows for a standardized method of checking JavaScript for
Horizon developers as a convenience. But there is no hard requirement that
the package be present or used. Nor is jshint required to generate
anything in the code base or the packages that distros will deliver.

I believe this is a non-issue.

David