On 9/25/2014 9:15 AM, Dan Smith wrote:
and I don't see how https://review.openstack.org/#/c/121663/ is actually
dependent on https://review.openstack.org/#/c/119521/.

Yeah, agreed. I think that we _need_ the fix patch in Juno. The query
optimization is good, and something we should take, but it makes me
nervous sliding something like that in at the last minute without more
exposure. Especially given that it has been like this for more than one
release, it seems like Kilo material to me.

--Dan

I agree with this and said the same in IRC a few times when it was brought up. Unfortunately the optimization patch was approved at one point but had to be rebased. Then about three weeks went by and we're sitting on top of rc1 and I think that optimization is too risky at this point, i.e. we have known gate issues, I wouldn't like to see us add to that. Granted, this might actually help with some gate races, I'm not sure, but it seems too risky to me without more time to back it in before we do release candidates.

Matt Riedemann