From: Steven Dake [sd...@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 8:04 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [kolla] Kolla Blueprints

On 09/30/2014 09:55 AM, Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 6:41 PM, Steven Dake
<sd...@redhat.com<mailto:sd...@redhat.com>> wrote:

I've done a first round of prioritization.  I think key things we need people
to step up for are nova and rabbitmq containers.

For the developers, please take a moment to pick a specific blueprint to work
on.  If your already working on something, this hsould help to prevent
duplicate work :)

As I understand in the current implementations[1]  the containers are
configured with a mix of shell scripts using crudini and other shell command.
Is it the way to configure the containers? and is a deployment tool like
Ansible (or others) is something that is planned to be used in the future?

Chmouel

Chmouel,

I am not really sure what the best solution to configure the containers.  It is
clear to me the current shell scripts are fragile in nature and do not handle
container restart properly.  The idea of using Puppet or Ansible as a CM tool
has been discussed with no resolution.  At the moment, I'm satisified with a
somewhat hacky solution if we can get the containers operational.

Regards,
-steve

[1] from https://github.com/jlabocki/superhappyfunshow/