Hi,

I'm interested in running "nova evacuate" on an instance that has local storage but was booted from a cinder volume. OpenStack allows live-migration of this sort of instance, so I'm assuming that we would want to allow evacuation as well...

I'm getting ready to test it, but I see that there was a nova bug opened against this case back in March (https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1299368). It's been confirmed but hasn't even had an importance assigned yet.

It seems a bit unfortunate that this bug would go six months with no attention at all...

Chris