As promised at this week’s TC meeting, I have applied the various blog posts
and mailing list threads related to changing our governance model to a series
of patches against the openstack/governance repository [1].

I have tried to include all of the inputs, as well as my own opinions, and look
at how each proposal needs to be reflected in our current policies so we do not
drop commitments we want to retain along with the processes we are shedding [2].

I am sure we need more discussion, so I have staged the changes as a series
rather than one big patch. Please consider the patches together when
commenting. There are many related changes, and some incremental steps won’t
make sense without the changes that come after (hey, just like code!).

Doug

[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/governance+branch:master+topic:big-tent,n,z
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/big-tent-notes