On 10/09/2014 08:12 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
On 2014-09-30 01:38:29 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
the tips of these branches have been tagged "havana-eol" in
preparation for branch deletion. The list of affected Git
repositories is as follows:

     openstack-dev/devstack
     openstack-dev/grenade
     openstack/ceilometer
     openstack/cinder
     openstack/designate
     openstack/glance
     openstack/heat
     openstack/horizon
     openstack/keystone
     openstack/neutron
     openstack/nova
     openstack/openstack-manuals
     openstack/oslo-incubator
     openstack/oslo.config
     openstack/requirements
     openstack/swift
     openstack/tempest
     openstack/trove

Just following up to note that I finally removed the stable/havana
branches of the above mentioned projects, in accordance with the EOL
announcement from a couple weeks ago.

Just curious...why do we remove the stable branches for old releases? Is the idea to force people onto new branches?

It seems like this just makes more work for people that are maintaining older releases since it means they need to make sure to mirror things before they go EOL.

Chris