On 28 October 2014 18:01, Dan Genin <daniel.ge...@jhuapl.edu> wrote:

> Changing Nova disk names is a loooong shot. It's likely I will be doing
> something else by the time that gets merged:) So we are left with the two
> options of 1) using a shared volume group and, thus, complicating life for
> Cinder or 2) using separate volume groups potentially causing headaches for
> DevStack. I am trying to figure out which of these two is the lesser evil.
> It seems that Dean's concerns can be addressed, though, he still has to
> weigh in on the proposed mitigation approaches. I have little understanding
> of what problems a shared Cinder-Nova volume group would cause for Cinder
> testing. How hard would it be to make the tests work with a shared volume
> group?

As I commented above, it looks like nova volumes always start with a
UUID. If this is true then we can just make the cinder tests slightly
more clever, since cinder volumes default to being called
'volume-<UUID>' so will never collide.

If somebody can confirm that nova volumes will always start with a
UUID then we can code around the shared volume group in the tests.