On 2014-10-31 13:50:25 +1300 (+1300), Robert Collins wrote:
> Actually no - because of pip install, we need to keep support up until
> we can tell folk we don't support them anymore, which is after the
> last point release, not at it. If we drop support earlier, we can't
> release the support dropping versions until the support period ends,
> and that means we'd have an unreleasable trunk, which is bad.

Well, the support-dropping versions of the servers will already be
long-released before the point releases for previous stable branches
peter out... but I get what you're saying. To mitigate we should
force new releases of all dependent clients/libs immediately prior
to dropping Python 2.6 support too.
--
Jeremy Stanley