On Thu, 6 Nov 2014, Kyle Mestery wrote:
On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Chris Dent <chd...@redhat.com> wrote:
Using nova-networking I can make this work without issue:

```
[[local|localrc]]
HOST_IP=192.168.2.3
FLOATING_RANGE=192.168.2.128/26
```

What transformation is needed to get similar functionality with
neutron?

Keep the above in your local.conf, and add the following:

Q_PLUGIN=ml2
Q_ML2_PLUGIN_MECHANISM_DRIVERS=openvswitch,logger
Q_AGENT=openvswitch
enable_service q-agt
ENABLE_TENANT_TUNNELS=True

That will enable GRE tunnels between your hosts using your HOST_IP as
the tunnel endpoint. And it should setup floating IPs per the range
you have specified as well.

Thanks but that doesn't quite get me all the way there. I probably
should have been more clear that I'm making a combined
controller/compute all-in-one. To that end I needed to add a few
more enabled services (q-svc, q-meta, q-dhcp).

That got me to a completed run but I had no public network and as
far as I could tell the private network was not associated with any
interface. I dug around doing a few net-, subnet- and router-
creates but seemed to be missing a piece.

I raise the pay to virtual scotch.

What I hope to have at the end of this process is a nicely commented
local.conf that I can post somewhere for people who want a similar
thing.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent