On 10/11/14 12:09, Eoghan Glynn wrote:
> >   2.*weaken the continuity guarantee*  - by un-staggering the terms,
> >      so that all seats are contested at each election.
>
>This is probably not feasible.
Interesting, why do you think it wouldn't be feasible?

I was under the impression that one-year terms were required under the Foundation by-laws. It turns out that I was incorrect:

"Each Technical Committee member shall hold the seat for a term not to exceed one year, but may be re-elected to the Technical Committee. After the initial election, the elections for the Technical Committee shall be held at least every six months."

 - http://www.openstack.org/legal/technical-committee-member-policy/

So we actually do have the latitude to elect the whole TC every 6 months. Certainly it doesn't appear that we need the staggered terms to ensure continuity of membership as was originally thought - we get exactly the same election results every time. It may be worth trying, although I'm sceptical that it will make much difference on its own.

cheers,
Zane.