Sounds like this is tooz[1] ;)

The api for tooz (soon to be an oslo library @
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/122439/) is around coordination and
'service-group' like behavior so I hope we don't have duplicates of this in
'oslo.healthcheck' instead of just using/contributing to tooz instead.

https://github.com/stackforge/tooz/blob/master/tooz/coordination.py#L63

CoordinationDriver
- watch_join_group
- unwatch_join_group
- join_group
- get_members
- ...

Tooz has backends that use [redis, zookeeper, memcache] to achieve the above
API (it also has some locking support for distributed locks as well).

Feel free to jump on #openstack-state-management if u want more info (jd and
the enovance guys and myself have developed that library for this kind of
purpose).

-josh