On 11/19/2014 04:16 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:
On 11/19/2014 04:00 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
On 11/19/2014 9:40 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:
On 11/18/2014 06:48 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
I just started noticing today that the v3 integrated api samples tests
seem to be taking a lot longer than the other non-v3 integrated api
samples tests. On my 4 VCPU, 4 GB RAM VM some of those tests are taking
anywhere from 15-50+ seconds, while the non-v3 tests are taking less
than a second.

Has something changed recently in how the v3 API code is processed that
might have caused this?  With microversions or jsonschema validation
perhaps?

I was thinking it was oslo.db 1.1.0 at first since that was a recent
update but given the difference in times between v3 and non-v3 api
samples tests I'm thinking otherwise.

Heya,

I've been stung in the past by running either tox or run_tests.sh while
active in a virtualenv. The speed goes from ~2 seconds per API sample
test to ~15 seconds per API sample test...

Not sure if this is what is causing your problem, but worth a check.

Best,
-jay

So...

Run: 13101 in 21466.460047 sec

mriedem@ubuntu:~/git/nova$ du -sh .testrepository/
1002M    .testrepository/

I removed that and I'm running again now.

We remove pyc files on each run, is there any reason why we couldn't
also remove .testrepository on every run?

Well, having some history is sometimes useful (for instance when you want to do: ./run_tests.sh -V --failing to execute only the tests that failed during the last run), so I think having a separate flag (-R) to run_tests.sh would be fine.

Testrepository also uses its history of test run times to try to group tests so that each thread takes about the same amount of time to run.

But, then again I just learned that run_tests.sh is apparently deprecated. Shame :(

-jay