[pardon my jumping in like kibo, someone mentioned 'client' ;) ]

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 3:01 AM, Vladimir Kozhukalov <
vkozhuka...@mirantis.com> wrote:

> 0) Rename fuelclient into python-fuelclient like any other OpenStack
> clients when moving it to a separate repo.
> 1) Use cliff as a cli library. AFAIU it is a kind of unofficial standard
> for OpenStack clients for future. At least python-openstackclient uses
> cliff. Correct me if I am wrong.

Neutron client also used cliff, but in a different manner than
OpenStackClient; just using cliff doesn't necessarily make things work
similar to other clients.

> 2) Follow common OpenStack practice for naming files and directories in a
> project (shell.py, api, object, etc). I am not sure whether such a common
> practice exists, but we again can follow python-openstackclient naming
> model.

OSC's model is to put the CLI command handlers in
openstackclient.<api-name>.v<major-version> and, where necessary, the REST
API in openstackclient.api.<api-name>_v<major-version>.

3) Use oslo for auth stuff (Fuel uses keystone at the moment) and wherever
> it is suitable.

Are you referring to the apiclient in Oslo Incubator?  I believe that has
been tagged to not graduate and left as-is for now.  I would suggest using
the Keystone client Session and authentication plugins if you want a
stand-alone client as you will get SAML auth, and whatever else is being
developed, for free.

Alternatively you could write your client as just a library and add an
OpenStackClient plugin[0] to leverage the existing CLI.  In this case, OSC
handles all of the auth and session overhead, you just worry about the REST
handlers.

dt

[0] https://github.com/dtroyer/python-oscplugin is the original template,
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/stackforge/python-congressclient/ is a