> On Nov 23, 2014, at 8:23 PM, Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> wrote:
>
> I don’t really take performance issues that seriously for CPython. If you
> care about performance you should be using PyPy. I like that argument though
> because the same argument is used against the GCs which you like to use as an
> example too.
>
> The verbosity isn’t really pointless, you have to be verbose in either
> situation, either explicit locks or explicit context switches. If you don’t
> have explicit locks you just have buggy software instead.

Funny thing is that relational databases will lock on things whether or not the
calling code is using an async system.  Locks are a necessary thing in many
cases.  That lock-based concurrency code can’t be mathematically proven bug
free doesn’t detract from its vast usefulness in situations that are not
aeronautics or medical devices.