> On Nov 24, 2014, at 9:23 AM, Adam Young <ayo...@redhat.com> wrote:
>

> For pieces such as the Nova compute that talk almost exclusively on the
> Queue, we should work to remove Monkey patching and use a clear programming
> model.  If we can do that within the context of Eventlet, great.  If we need
> to replace Eventlet with a different model, it will be painful, but should be
> done.  What is most important is that we avoid doing hacks like we've had to
> do with calls to Memcached and monkeypatching threading.

Nova compute does a lot of relational database access and I’ve yet to see an
explicit-async-compatible DBAPI other than psycopg2’s and Twisted abdbapi.
Twisted adbapi appears just to throw regular DBAPIs into a thread pool in any
case (see
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/trunk/twisted/enterprise/adbapi.py), so
given that awkwardness and lack of real async, if eventlet is dropped it would
be best to use a thread pool for database-related methods directly.