On Tue, 2014-12-09 at 07:38 +0800, Alex Xu wrote:
> Not sure all, nova is limited
> at
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/api/openstack/wsgi.py#L79
> That under our control.

It is, but the client frameworks aren't, and some of them prohibit
sending a body with a DELETE request.  Further, RFC7231 has this to say
about DELETE request bodies:

        A payload within a DELETE request message has no defined semantics;
        sending a payload body on a DELETE request might cause some existing
        implementations to reject the request.

(ยง4.3.5)

I think we have to conclude that, if we need a request body, we cannot
use the DELETE method.  We can modify the operation, such as setting a
"force" flag, with a query parameter on the URI, but a request body
should be considered out of bounds with respect to DELETE.