From: Dmitry Pyzhov [mailto:dpyz...@mirantis.com]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2014 10:35 AM
To: OpenStack Dev
Subject: [openstack-dev] [Fuel] Logs format on UI (High/6.0)

We have a high priority bug in 6.0:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1401852. Here is the story.

Our openstack services use to send logs in strange format with extra copy of
timestamp and loglevel:
==> ./neutron-metadata-agent.log <==
2014-12-12T11:00:30.098105+00:00 info: 2014-12-12 11:00:30.003 14349 INFO
neutron.common.config [-] Logging enabled!

And we have a workaround for this. We hide extra timestamp and use second
loglevel.

In Juno some of services have updated oslo.logging and now send logs in simple
format:
==> ./nova-api.log <==
2014-12-12T10:57:15.437488+00:00 debug: Loading app ec2 from
/etc/nova/api-paste.ini

In order to keep backward compatibility and deal with both formats we have a
dirty workaround for our workaround: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/141450/

As I see, our best choice here is to throw away all workarounds and show logs
on UI as is. If service sends duplicated data - we should show duplicated data.

Long term fix here is to update oslo.logging in all packages. We can do it in
6.1.