On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 10:00:04AM -0600, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> Looks like the fix we merged didn't actually fix the problem. I have a patch
> [1] to uncap the boto requirement on master and it's failing the ec2 tests
> in tempest the same as before.

FWIW, I just re-tested and boto 2.35.1 works fine for me locally, if you
revert my patch it breaks again with "Signature not provided" errors (for
all ec2 API requests).

If you look at the failures in the log, it actually looks like a different
problem:

EC2ResponseError: EC2ResponseError: 401 Unauthorized

This is not the same as the original error which rejected any request
inside the nova API before even calling keystone with a message like this:

AuthFailure: Signature not provided

AFAICT this means my patch is working, and there's a different problem
affecting only a subset of the ec2 boto tests.

Steve