From: Sachi Gupta [mailto:sachi.gu...@tcs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:02 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions);
groupbasedpolicy-...@lists.opendaylight.org; Yapeng Wu
Cc: bu...@noironetworks.com
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Policy][Group-based-policy] ODL Policy Driver
Specs

Hi,

While working on the integration of Openstack With ODL GBP, I have the below
queries:

  1.  Endpoint-group Create: When I create a new policy-target-group from
Openstack say "gbp target-policy-group-create group1", it internally creates a
l2.policy which includes the creation of the network and subnet. Meaning
creation of EPG will create Network and subnet implicitly in Openstack and also
the corresponding EPG, subnet, l3-context, l2-flood-domain, l2-bridge-domain
will be created in the ODL GBP. So during the above EPG creation, neutron
network and subnet call will come to the neutron northbound of ODL or only to
ODL GBP??
[Yapeng] First, when creating policy-target-group, you need to give
“provided-policy-rule-sets” or “consumed-policy-rule-sets” parameter. Currently
we don’t support policy-target-group update. Second, neutron network and subnet
call won’t go to ODL.

  1.

  1.  In ODL, there is no Endpoint create API, instead there is an API to
register the endpoints. So what is the sync between the OS and ODL for Endpoint
create and register.?
[Yapeng] The current working scheme is as follow: ODL GBP has new APIs for
openstack-endpoint register and unregister supports.[1][2] When Openstack GBP
creates policy-target, a neutron port will be created by implicit driver,
openstack-endpoint register API will be invoked and the OVS tap-port-id will be
passed as parameter to ODL GBP. Later when VM is booted, the OVS tap-port-id
will be populated on openvswitch, this will trigger ODL to update ovs flow
tables.

[1] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/13554/
[2] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/13896/

Thanks & Regards