Folks,

Currently Fuel UI can handle large amounts of nodes due to a recent
refactoring - rendering and operations with nodes became much faster. But
that large amount of nodes also requires UX improvement, I'd love to hear
your ideas and opinions on these proposals:

   1. Introduce compact node representation and let users switch between
   standart and compact view. Compact view will display only node name and
   status and will allow to display 4-8 nodes in a row instead of only one.
   2. Currently it is only possible to filter node by names. Filtering
   feature could be extended to allow filtering by other parameters: status,
   roles, manufacturer, RAM, disk space. There are 2 options (I'd like to hear
   which one you prefer):
      1. Form-based filter (beside a single input for name there will be
      controls for other parameters)
      2. Query language-based filter (like one used in Gerrit)
      3. Add ability to add arbitrary tags with values to nodes and also
   allow filtering by them.

--
Vitaly Kramskikh,
Software Engineer,