On 01/18/2015 06:39 AM, Jay Lau wrote:
Thanks Steven, just some questions/comments here:

1) For native docker support, do we have some project to handle the network? The current native docker support did not have any logic for network management, are we going to leverage neutron or nova-network just like nova-docker for this?
We can just use flannel for both these use cases. One way to approach using flannel is that we can expect docker networks will always be setup the same way, connecting into a flannel network.

2) For k8s, swarm, we can leverage the scheduler in those container management tools, but what about docker native support? How to handle resource scheduling for native docker containers?

I am not clear on how to handle native Docker scheduling if a bay has more then one node. I keep hoping someone in the community will propose something that doesn't introduce an agent dependency in the OS.

Regards
-steve

Thanks!

    Hi folks and especially Magnum Core,

    Magnum Milestone #1 should released early this coming week. I
    wanted to kick off discussions around milestone #2 since Milestone
    #1 development is mostly wrapped up.

    The milestone #2 blueprints:
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/milestone-2

    The overall goal of Milestone #1 was to make Magnum usable for
    developers.  The overall goal of Milestone #2 is to make Magnum
    usable by operators and their customers.  To do this we are
    implementing blueprints like multi-tenant, horizontal-scale, and
    the introduction of coreOS in addition to Fedora Atomic as a
    Container uOS.  We are also plan to introduce some updates to
    allow bays to be more scalable. We want bays to scale to more
    nodes manually (short term), as well as automatically (longer
    term).  Finally we want to tidy up some of the nit-picky things
    about Magnum that none of the core developers really like at the
    moment.  One example is the magnum-bay-status blueprint which will
    prevent the creation of pods/services/replicationcontrollers until
    a bay has completed orchestration via Heat.  Our final significant
    blueprint for milestone #2 is the ability to launch our supported
    uOS on bare metal using Nova's Ironic plugin and the baremetal
    flavor.  As always, we want to improve our unit testing from what
    is now 70% to ~80% in the next milestone.

    Please have a look at the blueprints and feel free to comment on
    this thread or in the blueprints directly.  If you would like to
    see different blueprints tackled during milestone #2 that feedback
    is welcome, or if you think the core team[1] is on the right
    track, we welcome positive kudos too.

    If you would like to see what we tackled in Milestone #1, the code
    should be tagged and ready to run Tuesday January 20th.  Master
    should work well enough now, and the developer quickstart guide is
    mostly correct.

    The Milestone #1 bluerpints are here for comparison sake:
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/milestone-1

    Regards,
    -steve

    [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/473,members