On 01/18/2015 11:11 AM, Steven Dake wrote:
On 01/18/2015 06:39 AM, Jay Lau wrote:
Thanks Steven, just some questions/comments here:

1) For native docker support, do we have some project to handle the
network? The current native docker support did not have any logic for
network management, are we going to leverage neutron or nova-network
just like nova-docker for this?
We can just use flannel for both these use cases.  One way to approach
using flannel is that we can expect docker networks will always be setup
the same way, connecting into a flannel network.

Note that the README on the Magnum GH repository states that one of the features of Magnum is its use of Neutron:

"Integration with Neutron for k8s multi-tenancy network security."

Is this not true?

2) For k8s, swarm, we can leverage the scheduler in those container
management tools, but what about docker native support? How to handle
resource scheduling for native docker containers?

I am not clear on how to handle native Docker scheduling if a bay has
more then one node.  I keep hoping someone in the community will propose
something that doesn't introduce an agent dependency in the OS.

So, perhaps because I've not been able to find any documentation for Magnum besides the README (the link to developers docs is a 404), I have quite a bit of confusion around what value Magnum brings to the OpenStack ecosystem versus a tenant just installing Kubernetes on one of more of their VMs and managing container resources using k8s directly.

Is the goal of Magnum to basically be like Trove is for databases and be a Kubernetes-installation-as-a-Service endpoint?

Thanks in advance for more info on the project. I'm genuinely curious.

Best,
-jay