On 21/01/15 09:59, Martin Geisler wrote:

> This seems to imply that users will download at least one .js file per
> dependency.

Not necessarily. We still use django-compressor, which copies all
javascript into fewer files. E.g. here in my untweaked juno environment,
I just get 3 instead of 10-15 following your logic above. (at least one
js file per xstatic package).

> That's probably acceptable for an application like Horizon which users
> will be using again and again, but for most web applications, you don't
> want your users to download 10-20 small .js files, instead you want them
> to download one minified and compressed file with all the JavaScript
> code needed.
see above :D

> I'm just mentioning this since it's one way that web apps differ from
> how normal Linux apps are typically deployed. Basically, web apps prefer
> static compilation and discourages "dynamic linking".

I'm not sure, I can really follow you here.

Matthias