On 02/02/2015 12:13 PM, Ian Wells wrote:
On 2 February 2015 at 09:49, Chris Friesen <chris.frie...@windriver.com

    Indeed.  Does tempest support hugepages/NUMA/pinning?

This is a running discussion, but largely no - because this is ited to the
capabilities of the host, there's no guarantee for a given scenario what result
you would get (because Tempest will run on any hardware).

If you have test cases that should pass or fail on a NUMA-capable node, can you
write them up?  We're working on NUMA-specific testing right now (though I'm not
sure who, specifically, is working on the test case side of that).

I don't really have time to write up individual testcases right now, but I think a good start would be to test the following features:

http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/juno/implemented/virt-driver-numa-placement.html

http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/juno/implemented/virt-driver-vcpu-topology.html

http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/kilo/implemented/virt-driver-large-pages.html

http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/kilo/approved/input-output-based-numa-scheduling.html