About 12 hours ago in #openstack-oslo ankit_ag asked about the request_utils
module that was removed from oslo-incubator and how to proceed to get it into
nova.

The module was deleted a few days ago [1] because nothing was actually using it
and it appeared to be related to a nova blueprint [2], the spec for which was
abandoned at the end of juno [3]. The one copy that had been synced into cinder
wasn’t being used, and was also deleted [4] as part of this housekeeping work.

As I said in the review, we removed the code from the incubator because it
appeared to be a dead end. If that impression is incorrect, we should get the
spec and blueprint resurrected (probably as a cross-project spec rather than
just in nova) and then we can consider the best course for proceeding with the
implementation.

Doug

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/150370/
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/log-request-id-mappings