As part of "https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/virt-driver-large-pages"; we have introduced the ability to specify based on flavor/image that we want to use huge pages.

Is there a way to query the number of huge pages available on each NUMA node of each compute node?

I haven't been able to find one (short of querying the database directly) and it's proven somewhat frustrating.

Currently we report the total amount of memory available, but when that can be broken up into several page sizes and multiple NUMA nodes per compute node it can be very difficult to determine whether a given flavor/image is bootable within the network, or to debug any issues that occur.

Chris