On 2/6/2015 7:28 AM, Silvan Kaiser wrote:
Hello!

I am requesting a feature freeze exception for Kilo-2 milestone
regarding https://review.openstack.org/#/c/110722/ .

This change adds support for using the Quobyte Storage system for
provisioning images in Nova. It works in conjunction with the Quobyte
driver in Cinder (which was merged at Kilo-1).
Refraining from merging would mean delay until L release, all the while
having a largely useless Driver in Cinder.

Jay Pipes, Matt Riedemann and Daniel Berrange kindly declared
sponsorship for this FFE.

Daniel didn't actually say he'd sponsor this, I said in the review that I *thought* he might be a possible third sponsor if it came to that. :)

I did say I'd sponsor this though. It's close but had enough comments from me that I thought it warranted a -1 in it's current form.

I realize this isn't a priority blueprint though and it's up to the nova-drivers team to decide on it, but FWIW it's self-contained for the most part and has been sitting around for a long time and I feel that lack of reviews shouldn't punish it in that regard (hopefully this doesn't open up a ton of other "my thing has been around forever without reviews too so give me an exception also" kind of precedent thing, not my intention).

Please feel free to contact me regarding further FFE procedure or if
there are any more questions (sil...@quobyte.com
<mailto:sil...@quobyte.com>, kaisers/casusbelli in irc).

Best regards
Silvan Kaiser

--
*Quobyte* GmbH
Boyenstr. 41 - 10115 Berlin-Mitte - Germany

Matt Riedemann