On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Przemyslaw Kaminski <pkamin...@mirantis.com
> wrote:

> Well, there are some problems with this solution:
> 1. No 'pick latest one with filtering to network_verify' handler is
> available currently.

Well i think there should be finished_at field anyway, why not to add it
for this purpose?

> 2. Tasks are ephemeral entities -- they get deleted here and there.
> Look at nailgun/task/manager.py for example -- lines 83-88 or lines
> 108-120 and others

I dont actually recall what was the reason to delete them, but if it
happens imo it is ok to show right now
that network verification wasnt performed.

> 3. Just having network verification status as ready is NOT enough.
> From the UI you can fire off network verification for unsaved changes.
> Some JSON request is made, network configuration validated by tasks
> and RPC call made returing that all is OK for example. But if you
> haven't saved your changes then in fact you haven't verified your
> current configuration, just some other one. So in this case task
> status 'ready' doesn't mean that current cluster config is valid. What
> do you propose in this case? Fail the task on purpose? I only see a

solution to this by introducting a new flag and network_check_status
> seems to be an appropriate one.

My point that it has very limited UX. Right now network check is:
- l2 with vlans verication
- dhcp verification

When we will have time we will add:
- multicast routing verification
- public gateway
Also there is more stuff that different users was asking about.

Then i know that vmware team also wants to implement pre_deployment
verifications.

So what this net_check_status will refer to at that point?