Le 11/02/2015 04:24, Jin, Yuntong a écrit :
Hello,
May I ask the currently status of blazar project, it’s been very quiet there for past half year, part of reason could be related to Gantt project? The way I see this project is very usefully for NFV use case, and I really like to know the status of it, maybe also Gantt project.
Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Blazar. The existing core team has been reallocated on various other projects so we ended doing regular updates to the repository since around 6 months. That said, as it is an open-source project, anybody can contribute and I would be glad to review some changes, provided they are not time-consuming.

Last discussion with TC members in Atlanta (for the Juno summit) showed that there are benefits to have a reservation system in OpenStack, but the thought was that it would probably be something related to the Compute program, ie. something that Nova could leverage.

As the current Nova scheduler is about to be spined off in a separate project called Gantt, I'm IMHO thinking (and that's my sole opinion) that Blazar could maybe merge with Gantt so that the existing backend would allow new APIs for Gantt by asking to select a destination later in time than now.

That said, Gantt is far from being a separate repository now, as we're struggling to reduce the technical debt on Nova for splitting out the scheduler so I wouldn't expect any immediate benefit for Gantt nor Blazar now.

As many people are looking around Blazar and Gantt, I think it would be interesting to setup a BoF session during the Vancouver Summit about reservations and SLA in OpenStack so that we could see how we could move on.

-Sylvain