On Thursday, February 12, 2015, Rui Chen <chenrui.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

>     Currently, resizing instance cause migrating from the host that the
> instance run on to other host, but maybe the current host is suitable for
> new flavor. Migrating will lead to copy image between hosts if no shared
> storage, it waste time.
>     I think that priority resizing instance on the current host may be
> better if the host is suitable.
>     The logic like this:
>
> if CONF.allow_resize_to_same_host:
>     filte current host
>     if suitable:
>        resize on current host
>     else:
>        select a host
>        resize on the host
>
>     I don't know whether there have been some discussion about this
> question. Please let me know what do you think. If the idea is no problem,
> maybe I can register a blueprint to implement it.

But the nova.conf flag for that already exists?

What I would suggest, however, is that some logic is put in to determine
whether the disk size remains the same while the cpu/ram size is changing -
if so, then resize the instance on the host without the disk snapshot and
copy.

--
Jesse Pretorius
mobile: +44 7586 906045