Yep, that's what i'm looking for, thanks,
another notification from nova that is missed in ceilometer is info from nova
api:
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/notifications.py#L64
this notify_decorator will decorate every nova/ec2 rest api and send out a
notification for each api actions:
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/utils.py#L526
from which will send out notification like: "%s.%s.%s" % (module, key, method) ,
and no notification plugin in ceilometer to deal with them.
Let me know if i should file a bug for this.
sorry, i missed this. so as i understand it, we do capture these values in
ceilometer as they are published on same INFO topic. that said, they aren't
converted to meters/samples but only stored as events (if you have events
enabled).  is there something specifically measurable in these notifications?
if so, we could look at adding it to ceilometer.
cheers,gord