On 02/13/2015 11:55 AM, Jordan Pittier wrote:
Jay, I am afraid I didn't understand your point.

Could you rephrase/elaborate on "What is the difference between just
calling the Glance API to upload an image, versus adding add()" please ?
Currently, you can't call the Glance API to upload an image if the
default_store is the HTTP store.

No, you upload the image to a Glance server that has a backing data store like filesystem or swift. But the process of doing that (i.e. calling `glance image upload`) is the same as what you are describing -- it's all just POST'ing some data via HTTP through the Glance API endpoint.

So, I don't understand what allowing the HTTP backend to support add() gives the user of Glance.

Best,
-jay