On Feb 24, 2015, at 1:49 PM, Sean Dague <s...@dague.net> wrote:

>> IMHO the CLI should have an option to returned raw JSON back instead of
>> pretty tabled results as well.
>
> Um... isn't that just the API calls?
>
> I'm not sure creating a 3rd functional surface is really the answer
> here, because we still need to actually test the CLI / pretty table output.

The python-openstacksdk project was originally envisioned to wrap the API calls
and return usable Python objects. The nova client CLI (or any other CLI, for
that matter) would then just provide the command line input parsing and output
presentation. It's been a while since I was involved with that project, but it
seems that decoupling the command line interface from the Python API wrapper
would make testing much, much easier.

-- Ed Leafe