Hi all,

I want to make it easy to launch a bunch of scheduler processes on a host,
multiple scheduler workers will make use of multiple processors of host and
enhance the performance of nova-scheduler.

I had registered a blueprint and commit a patch to implement it.
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/scheduler-multiple-workers-support

This patch had applied in our performance environment and pass some test
cases, like: concurrent booting multiple instances, currently we didn't
find inconsistent issue.

IMO, nova-scheduler should been scaled horizontally on easily way, the
multiple workers should been supported as an out of box feature.

Please feel free to discuss this feature, thanks.

Best Regards