On 03/06/2015 02:37 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:
On 05/03/15 19:49, Adam Young wrote:

I'd like to drop port 5000 all-together, as we are using a port assigned
to a different service.  35357 is also problematic as it is in the
middle of the Ephemeral range.  Since we are  talking about running
everything in one web server anywya, using port 80/443 for all web stuff
is the right approach.
I have thought about this as well. The issue here is, URLs for keystone
and horizon will probably clash.
(is https://server/api/... a keystone or a call for horizon).

No matter what we do in devstack, this is something, horizon and
keystone devs need to fix first. E.g. in Horizon, we still discover hard
coded URLs here and there. To catch that kind of things, I had a patch
up for review, to easily configure moving Horizon from using http server
root to something different.
Link?

I would expect the same thing for keystone, too.
Keystone is pretty well set to be moved around. The way the URLs are built are already hierarchical, and so there should be no problem. Other services might be a different story.

OK, lets assume we fix the bugs we catch. How doe we cleanly put all of the horizon stuff in its own config section so we can make it work beside a Keystone server. I can see a desire to use Virtual hosts for hostsnames in some deployments, so that they could be later split up,. Example, keystone.younglogic.net and horizon.younglogic.net could start on the same server, and be different servers in the future.

And then there is the devstack approach of doing everything with IP addresses.

So I think the goal is to make it possible to wrap the config in a virtual host, but not required. I think we should focus on Location tags for the major chunks of configuration.

Matthias