On 03/06/2015 10:44 AM, Rich Megginson wrote:
On 03/06/2015 12:37 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:
On 05/03/15 19:49, Adam Young wrote:

I'd like to drop port 5000 all-together, as we are using a port assigned
to a different service.  35357 is also problematic as it is in the
middle of the Ephemeral range.  Since we are  talking about running
everything in one web server anywya, using port 80/443 for all web stuff
is the right approach.
I have thought about this as well. The issue here is, URLs for keystone
and horizon will probably clash.
(is https://server/api/... a keystone or a call for horizon).

No matter what we do in devstack, this is something, horizon and
keystone devs need to fix first. E.g. in Horizon, we still discover hard
coded URLs here and there. To catch that kind of things, I had a patch
up for review, to easily configure moving Horizon from using http server
root to something different.

I would expect the same thing for keystone, too.

It's the same thing for almost every project. I've been working on the puppet-openstack code quite a bit lately, and there are many, many places that assume keystone is listening to http(s)://host:5000/v2.0 or host:35357/v2.0.

File them as bugs when you find them.

Matthias