> Hi Sean,
>
> That is very nice idea to keep only 1 set of tests and run those twice via
> tox.
>
> Actually my main goal was-
> - 1. Create clean sample file structure for V2. V2.1 and micro-versions
>    Something like below-
>      api_samples/
>          extensions/
>              v2.0/     - v2 sample files
>              v2.1/    - v2.1 sample files
>              v2.2/    - v2.2 sample files
>              and so on
>
> - 2.  Merge sample files between v2 and v2.1.
>
> But your idea is much better which almost covers mine (except dir
> structure for microversion which can/should be work after that).

++ for Sean's idea. One sample tests is best. And in normally we should
keep the v2 API sample tests to ensure v2.1 totally compatible with v2. But
really like the currently v2.1 API sample tests is each file per extension,
not like v2 all the extension in a huge file... So I think we need keep the
v2.1 api sample tests, and make the v2 API running on it.

> As there are many extensions merged/split from v2 -> v2.1, we need to
> twist tests to work for both v2 and v2.1.
> For exmple, v2 flavor-swap, flavor-disable, flavor-extraData has been
> merged to single flavor plugin in v2.1.
>
> So running v2.1 flavor tests for v2 needs above extensions to be enabled
> in that tests. It looks something like -
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/162016/

Yea...good point and great work! I think all of ours hate those twist, but
no choice...

Actually for the extension mapping between v2.1 and v2, we already have
mapping at:
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/api/openstack/compute/plugins/v3/extension_info.py#L29

So can we use this mapping to twist tests in the base class? Then we
needn't twist a lot of extension.