From: Joshua Harlow <harlo...@outlook.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 1:56 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: [openstack-dev] [stacktach] [oslo] stachtach -> kombu -> pika ??

Hi all,

I saw the following on
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PHL-ops-rabbit-queue and was wondering
if there was more explanation of why?

The StackTach team is switching from Kombu to Pika (at the
recommendation of core rabbitmq devs). Hopefully oslo-messaging will do
the same.

I'm wondering why/what?

Pika seems to be less supported, has less support for things other than
rabbitmq, and seems less developed (it lacks python 3.3 support apparently).

What's the details on this idea listed there?

Any stachtack folks got any more details?

-Josh