On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 4:50 PM, melanie witt <melwi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think your suggestion for the help text is excessively verbose.
> There are already longer help texts for some commands than that, and I
> think it's important to accurately explain what commands do. You can use a
> multiline docstring to have a longer help text.

Ah, look at that! In some other projects, flake8 complains about a
docstring whose first line doesn't end in a period, so I didn't think it'd
be possible. If you don't think that's excessively verbose, there'll be a
patch in shortly. Thanks!

Why do you say "the default security group" isn't actually a security
> group? The fact that it's per-tenant and therefore not necessarily
> consistent?

That's precisely the confusion -- the security group name 'default' is, of
course, a security group. But "the default security group," as referenced
by the help text for these commands, is actually a sort of
meta-security-group object that is only used to populate the 'default'
security group in new tenants. It is not, in and of itself, an actual
security group. That is, adding a new rule with 'nova
secgroup-add-default-rules' has absolutely no effect on what network
traffic is allowed between guests; it only affects new tenants created
afterwards.

--
Chris St. Pierre