On 03/25/2015 10:15 PM, Rui Chen wrote:
Hi all:

     I found a discuss about the libvirt shutdown API maybe hang when shutdown
instance in libvirt community,
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2015-March/msg01121.html

     I'm not sure that whether there are some risks when we shutdown instance in
nova.

     Three questions:
     1. Whether acpi is the default shutdown mode in QEMU/KVM hypervisor when we
shutdown instance using libvirt?
     2. Whether acpi is asynchronous mode, and qemu-agent is synchronous mode
when we shutdown instance?
     3. If the hypervisor use qemu-agent as default shutdown mode, how we can
deal the hanging issue?

When shutting down an instance if there is a timeout (controlled by config file or system metadata) the code will first attempt a clean shutdown via dom.shutdown(). If that doesn't terminate the instance by the time the timeout expires, then we'll call virt_dom.destroy().

Chris