>> For the full list, see the wiki page:
>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Python3#Core_OpenStack_projects

> Thanks for updating the wiki page that is a very useful list.
> From the looks of things, it seems like nova getting Python3 support in
> Liberty is not going to happen.

Why? I plan to work on porting nova to Python 3. I proposed a nova session on
Python 3 at the next OpenStack Summit at Vancouver. I plan to write a spec too.

I'm not aware of any real blocker for nova.

> What are your thoughts on how to tackle sqlalchemy-migrate? It looks like
> that is a blocker for several projects. And something I think we have wanted
> to move off of for some time now.

I just checked sqlachemy-migrate. The README and the documentation are
completly outdated, but the project is very active: latest commit one month ago
and latest release (0.9.6) one month ago. There are py33 and py34 environments
and tests pass on Python 3.3 and Python 3.4! I didn't check yet, but I guess
that sqlachemy-migrate 0.9.6 already works on Python 3. Python 3 classifiers
are just missing in setup.cfg.

I sent patches to update the doc, to add Python 3 classifiers and to upgrade
requirements. The project moved to stackforge, reviews are at
review.openstack.org:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:stackforge/sqlalchemy-migrate,n,z

The wiki page said that scripttest and ibm-db-sa were not Python 3 compatible.
It's no more true: scripttest is compatible Python 3, and there is
ibm-db-sa-py3 which is Python 3 compatible.

I updated the wiki page for sqlachemy-migrate.

Victor