Hello, everyone!

My letter is mainly addressed to driver maintainers, but could be
interesting to everybody.

As you probably know, on Kilo midcycle meetup we discussed share resize
functionality (extend and shrink) and I already have implemented 'extend'
API in Generic driver (https://review.openstack.org/182383/). After
implementation review we

noticed that some backends are able to resize a share without causing
disruptions, but others might only be able to do it disruptively (Generic
driver case).

So I want to ask driver maintainers here:

Will your driver be able to do share extending without loss of connectivity?

Depending on your answers, we will handle this situation differently.

Best regards,

Igor Malinovskiy (IRC: u_glide)
Manila Core Team