Hello Igor,
share extending works without interruption in Quobyte storage.
Best regards
Silvan

> Hello, everyone!
>
> My letter is mainly addressed to driver maintainers, but could be
> interesting to everybody.
>
> As you probably know, on Kilo midcycle meetup we discussed share resize
> functionality (extend and shrink) and I already have implemented 'extend'
> API in Generic driver (https://review.openstack.org/182383/). After
> implementation review we
>
> noticed that some backends are able to resize a share without causing
> disruptions, but others might only be able to do it disruptively (Generic
> driver case).
>
> So I want to ask driver maintainers here:
>
> Will your driver be able to do share extending without loss of
> connectivity?
>
> Depending on your answers, we will handle this situation differently.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Igor Malinovskiy (IRC: u_glide)
> Manila Core Team

Dr. Silvan Kaiser
Quobyte GmbH
Boyenstr. 41 - 10115 Berlin-Mitte - Germany
+49-30-814 591 800 - www.quobyte.com<http://www.quobyte.com/>
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 149012B
Management board: Dr. Felix Hupfeld, Dr. Björn Kolbeck, Dr. Jan Stender

*Quobyte* GmbH
Hardenbergplatz 2 - 10623 Berlin - Germany